Church of Our lady of Good health

A standing epitome of French architecture the lady of our Good health church portrays the French architecture splendidly. After all the  French colonized Pondicherry for nearly three hundred years it goes unsaid that the town would possess mainly French influence in everything and their architectural marvels are remarkably exceptional. The construction for the lady of good health church commenced due to the rise in missionary work. The French missionaries were responsible for commencing the erection and construction of the church in the 18th century. A prominent catholic church in Pondicherry the Our Lady of good Health church structure carries dominant white and brown borders presenting a classic appearance.

Church of Our lady of Good health

The rare stain glass panels depict the life of Christ. The Basilica is situated in the South of Boulevard. The Church was founded in 1690 but had to undergo reconstruction several times. The church of Our Lady of good health was the oldest church standing in the Catholic diocese of Pondicherry and Cuddalore. The inside of the church appeals to the visitor’s eye. Tourists and worshippers can’t stop gazing at the rounded arches that carry a vault over the central aisle. A freestanding crucifix is displayed upon the altar. Bright colored painted wooden images are on display of the side wall shelves. The church attracts several tourists visiting the church either to offer a prayer or simply to visit and savor its structural magnificence.